Camp Wesley's history spans seventy years. As early as 1936, a small group of Christians organized by Mr. M. C. Scercy erected the first arbor on the property of G. L. Rogers in rural Rowan County, North Carolina.
In 1946, M. C. Scercy's nephew, Rev. William Scercy, felt led of the Lord to organize a camp meeting board. Several selected men with interest in beginning a camp meeting gathered at the home of Mr. Ray Daniels of Kannapolis, NC on September 6, 1946. The motion carried to name the camp, "Camp Wesley Interdenominational Holiness Camp".
The first camp meeting was held August 1-10, 1947. The group soon purchased a five-acre plot of land from Mr. G. L. Rogers, still the current site of Camp Wesley. The first permanent buildings on the grounds were a 60' by 80' open-air tabernacle and a small dining hall. Today, eight buildings cover the Camp Wesley grounds with a new fellowship center in progress.
With an eye toward the future, the Camp Wesley board purchased an additional five acres adjoining the property with plans for recreational areas, an additional dormitory and RV/camper space. To further aid in Camp Wesley's development, an additional tract measuring 140 by 150 feet adjacent to the camp was donated to Camp Wesley during the 1999 Camp Meeting.
Trent Patterson, the current camp president, and the Camp Wesley directors look forward to many years of continued ministry in the community.